AWS DevOps Certifications
Courses are the best resources to learn, and certificates prove your competency, skills, and knowledge. Great technological companies such as AWS, Google, and Microsoft offer courses to teach people about tools and services. Similarly, DevOps certification is an accredited credential that will allow you to practically demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to be a DevOps Professional. In this article, the AWS DevOps certifications are listed below. So, let’s get into it.
Levels of AWS Certifications
There are 3 different certification levels with AWS
Practitioner: This is considered the foundation level when you start your certification journey with AWS and is a recommended and optional step before you take the Associate Level Certifications.
Affiliate: These certifications require more experience than the Practitioner, and in addition to some problem-solving skills in AWS, you should have some practical experience in the provisioning of resources.
Professional: Even though you can take the professional level certifications first, it is recommended that you obtain at least the associated level certifications first to provide the basic level of AWS knowledge required to take the more advanced professional level certifications. You must have a comprehensive understanding of many different attributes of running, optimizing, and troubleshooting solutions within AWS before taking this level of certification.
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
This professional exam validates technical knowledge of provisioning, operating, and managing distributed application systems on the Amazon Web Services platform. DevOps Engineering on AWS teaches you how to improve your organization’s ability to develop, deliver, and maintain high-speed AWS applications and services by combining DevOps tools, practises, and cultural philosophy. Continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD), microservices, code infrastructure, monitoring and logging, and communication and collaboration are all covered in this course.
What will you learn?
- Describe the AWS Cloud, as well as the fundamental global infrastructure and AWS Cloud architectural principles.
- Describe a solution based on customer requirements and architectural design principles. Throughout the project’s life cycle, provide the organisation with implementation guidance based on best practises.
- Describe key AWS platform services and their common use cases (for example, compute and analytics)
- Define the AWS platform’s basic security and compliance features, as well as the shared security model. Establish billing, account management, and pricing models.
Who is this course intended for?
- IT professionals who want to expand their knowledge and obtain AWS certifications
- Cloud computing professionals and newcomers can improve their skill sets.
- Anyone interested in gaining a solid understanding of AWS and becoming certified to validate skills.
Getting Started with DevOps on AWS
In this lesson plan, you will learn the knowledge and skills you need to start your journey towards implementing DevOps on AWS. You’ll learn about DevOps culture, principles, and tools. You will explain how to create and control a continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipeline using AWS DevOps tools. Try Getting Started with DevOps at the AWS lab for a guided, hands-on experience building a CI/CD pipeline.
Who is this course for?
- IT operations engineers
- IT experts
- IT leaders
- Cloud practitioners
- Solutions architects
- DevOps engineers
- General understanding of the software development cycle
- General Information technology understanding
- General cloud computing knowledge
Different courses are developed by AWS, such as system architects and DevOps/SysAdmins. . this course specifically aims at the DevOps Engineers. Besides that, the objectives of this exam are practicing security controls, monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS. This exam aims to design highly available systems that can scale easily and have the ability to self-heal.
To clear this exam, the learner must have technical skills and knowledge for the development and operations. The learner must have experience in administering operating systems and building automated infrastructures. Moreover, to prepare for this exam, the recommended material includes Documentation, books, white papers, online course, practice tests, and discussion forums. The duration of this exam will be 170 minutes, in which the learner will be given 50 MCQs approximately.
What abilities does the certificate validate?
- AWS is used to implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies.
- Security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation should all be implemented and automated.
- On AWS, define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems.
- On the AWS Platform, build highly available, scalable, and self-healing systems.
- Tools for automating operational processes must be designed, managed, and maintained.