The ISA CAP certification provides an unbiased, third-party assessment and confirmation of an automation professional’s skills. Besides that, the CAP exam focuses on the system, software, and equipment used in control systems, manufacturing information systems, integration of systems, and operational consulting, as well as its direction, definition, design, development/application, documentation, deployment, and support. The CAP Certification exam verifies documented knowledge, skills, and abilities that will ensure job performance competency.
Benefits of ISA’s CAP® program:
This course ensures the following points:
- Establishes the standard for automation professionals
- Increases productivity while promoting safety.
- demonstrates your professional credentials
- prepares you for increased job responsibilities
- Increases ROI by influencing mission-critical decisions
- This demonstrates that you are a thought leader in the field of automation.
This course’s prerequisites are divided into two categories. If you have a four-year academic degree, you fall into the first category:
- A four-year academic degree from an accredited university in a technical or technological field such as engineering, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and so on.
- It is necessary to have at least five years of relevant experience in the automation field. A year of professional experience is equivalent to 1,500 hours of active work. In the five years preceding your application date, you must have accumulated a total of 7,500 hours of documented work experience. Completing the CAP Associate Recognition Program exam successfully counts as one year of job experience.
If you have a two-year academic degree or no degree:
- Pertinent experience is defined as ten years of work in the automation field. A year of professional experience is equivalent to 1,500 hours of active work. You must have accumulated 15,000 hours of documented work experience in the ten (10) years preceding your application date. If you have an Associate Degree in automation or similar technology from an accredited educational institution, your two years of job experience will be counted.
- Two work-related references illustrating at least 2 years of experience in automation in a position of responsible charge must be submitted. It is obligatory.