Introduction to Cybersecurity
As our dependence on technology grows, so does the need for cybersecurity. Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting electronic information from unauthorized access or theft. In other words, it’s all about keeping your data safe. There are many different cybersecurity certifications available, but not all of them are created equal.
Here are five entry-level cybersecurity certifications that will give you a good foundation in the field: CompTIA Security+, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH),Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security),Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Security Fundamentals
How to Get Started in Cybersecurity
There are a lot of ways to get started in the cybersecurity field, but one of the best ways is to get certified. There are many entry-level cybersecurity certifications that can help you get your foot in the door and start your career in this growing field.
Some of the most popular entry-level cybersecurity certifications include the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification, CompTIA Security+ certification, and the GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC). These certifications will help you demonstrate your knowledge of cybersecurity concepts and principles and give you a competitive edge when applying for jobs.
To prepare for these certifications, you can take advantage of free online resources such as the Cybersecurity Academy from Cybrary, which offers free courses and training materials to help you prepare for your certification exam.
Once you have your certification, you can start applying for jobs in cybersecurity. Many entry-level positions will require you to have a security clearance, which you can obtain by passing a background check. You may also want to consider joining a professional organization such as (ISC)², which offers networking opportunities and resources for career development.
The 5 Best Entry Level Cybersecurity Certifications
There are many entry-level cybersecurity certifications available, but which one is the best for you? Here are five of the best entry-level cybersecurity certifications to help you get started in your career:
1. CompTIA Security+: This certification is a great starting point for anyone interested in a career in cybersecurity. It covers the basics of security and helps you develop the skills you need to protect systems from attacks.
2. Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security): This certification is perfect for those interested in network security. It covers topics like firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detection and prevention systems.
3. GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC): This certification is designed for those who want to work in governmental or military organizations. It covers topics like incident response, forensics, and cryptography.
4. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH): This certification is perfect for those interested in ethical hacking. It covers topics like reconnaissance, social engineering, and writing virus code.
5. ISC^2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP): This certification is designed for professionals who want to work in information assurance. It covers topics like risk management, security
There are a lot of entry-level cybersecurity certifications to choose from, but these five are some of the best. They will give you the foundation you need to start your cybersecurity career and help you land a great job. With so many options available, there is no excuse not to get started in this exciting field.