The capabilities of network professionals are a practical exhibition of skills which they gain from Cisco CCNA. Having a certificate of CCNA reflects a tech worker’s proficiency in fixing, arranging, executing, and analysing several serious problems both in multiple and temporary connections. Such professionals can also gain access to distant computer systems using WAN resources as well as to lessen the cyber-attack factors for computer networks. They also can well interpret all the necessary and abstract ideas and methods. Obtaining CCNA certificate from Cisco has huge fame and demand in digital companies. For the purpose of getting an ideal professional position such as network admin or computer network engineer, CCNA certificate is the foremost move. There are many more skill-developing activities and degree-awarding programs in the attribute of network studies from Cisco.
Basic skills which CCNA looks for: Some fundamental areas of digital skills and coursework that comes in the domain of Cisco certificate awarding program are as follows:
• It enables a learner of how different arrangements of computers communicate with each other to maintain safe IT operations.
• It tells us the ways a computer network executes with the component it has been linked to.
• It puts together in a particular form, demonstrates, and analyses a switched network with a sub-network that divides broadcast domains in a LAN environment.
• It puts a large scale schematic plan for addressing IPs and IP services to fulfil the demands of a particular network.
• It arranges, demonstrates, and makes an analysis for selecting a path for data traffic and forwarding data packets between different computer networks on Cisco devices currently in use.
• CCNA coursework determines all the possible hostile actions for network security as well as some precautions and techniques to keep networks safe and secure.
• It tells and accomplishes some special purpose jobs for those in the administration of networks that use two or more devices for wireless communication known as WLAN.
• It plans and corroborates links of wide-area networks (WAN) and implements some techniques for making connections in WAN.
• Both Network Address Translation (NAT) and Access Control Lists (ACL) are set up and held by CCNA in the elements that are used for information distribution between remote sites.
Exams Conducted for Cisco CCNA Certification
For anybody to become a CCNA certified professional, he has two ways. The first one which is convenient and simpler is to take a combined and comprehensive exam. Another way is by taking both the exams separately. First one is ICND1 and the second is named as ICND2. Current test versions that were released in 2016 are:
• CCNA combined exam: 200-125 CCNA, InterconnectingCisco Networking Devices: Accelerated CCNA
• Two Individual exams: 100-105, Interconnecting Cisco Devices Part 1 (ICND1 v3, CCENT). Second exam 100-105, Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2 v3)
Exam Model for CCNA
CCNA certification exams could be taken in different ways including MCQS to select the best multiple-choice question, fill in the blanks, to get more practical it includes packet tracer configuration and simulation. For practice, one can get guidelines from the Cisco website. Total assigned time for a paper containing 50-60 questions is 90 minutes. It costs up to $325 fee per exam. Passing score is 75% but passing scores are not published by Cisco as the passing score and paper questions change with time.
Prior Conditions for Cisco CCNA Certification
It neither requires such primary conditions nor any recommended preconditions.
Training and Education for CCNA Certification: CCNA training and education competes with the best technical and professional accredited programs and certificates to ensure the quality and technical education to the students. Counsellors and mentors regarding admission procedures are helpful in guiding about course work, session starting date, a career in CCNA, fees of tuition classes, and financial assistance and scholarships that are available for students.
Jobs Available for Cisco CCNA Professional Graduates
After getting a professional qualification of Cisco CCNA, one gets numerous opportunities in the job market, especially in the IT sector. Some major roles which can be offered in IT firms are:
• Cisco Certified Network Associate, the job of which is to install, set up, configure, troubleshoot, and operate medium-sized routed and switched computer networks.
• Network Administrator, who manages LAN and WAN communication.
• Network Engineer, who plans, implements, and oversees computer networks.
• Cisco Network Engineer, the one who maintains the network created by Cisco. He also troubleshoots, issues, ensures network security, creates, and configures the network. He also provides technical support.
• Network Support Specialist, the role of which is to help IT departments by testing, evaluating and maintaining the existing networks and troubleshoot the LAN and WAN.
• Some more roles like system engineers, IT managers, and IT directors can be offered.