Ethical hackers are trained to work with the latest most commonly used hacking tools to identify any kind of cyber threat and keep the computer system safe. The primary role of a Certified Ethical hacker is to find out the possible attack and take preventive measures to secure the computer and/or computer network of the system. The best part about Certified Ethical Hackers is, it is a vendor-neutral certification; as a result, these certified professionals can work with a wide range of scope regardless of the type and/or brand of the computer and network system.
Ethical hacker Certification is one of the recognised certification programs in both the UK and also across the world. Usually, these certified professionals are also known as a security consultant, system administrator, computer network specialists, intrusion tester, ethical hacker and so on. Plenty of job opportunities are available for Certified Ethical Hacker, and the best part is, many government organisations have started hiring Ethical Hacker to keep their computer and computer network system safe from any kind of Cyber Attack. Both the government and non-government financial sector has also begun hiring Ethical Hackers, as the chances of Cyber Attack on financial institutes are increasing rapidly over the last few years. Educational institutes and non-government organisations are also looking forward to getting Ethical Hackers to keep their business data safe and secure.
Many top-ranked schools and colleges have started offering both regular and certified courses on Ethical Hacking. In general, the term Hacking means gaining illegal access to some computer and computer network system, which undoubtedly falls under the regulation of cybercrime. On the other hand, Ethical Hackers are trained by almost the same tools and technology to defend hackers. In comparison to the knowledge base, both the hackers and the ethical hackers have practically the same level of skill and know-how.
Duties And Responsibilities Of A Certified Ethical Hacker
- Have adequate skill on Computer Networking, Website maintenance, Computer Security System and Telecommunication.
- Be familiar with the most commonly used security protocols for different System Software like Windows, Linux, MAC OS and so on.
- Be able to ‘Hack’ the Computer and/or Computer Network System of the organisation to assess the vulnerability and risk factor.
- Initiate appropriate measures to keep the IT operation of the business safe from any kind of cyber attack.
- Have enough knowledge and skill to crack the user password of the system to protect against password attack, as well.
- Be able to explain the terms, impacts, causes and effects of ethical hacking.
- Have clear knowledge and understanding about the use of cryptography, encryption, decryption and public or private keys for security purposes.
- Follow the code of ethical hacking correctly and be careful of any misuse of hacking tools and technology.
- Have a clear understanding of common types of cyberattacks like virus attack, Trojan attack, phishing, social engineering and so on.
Details About Certified Ethical Cyber Hacking exam
- Exam code for Ethical Cyber hacking is 312 – 50.
- It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- You have to answer 125 multiple-choice questions.
- You must score at least 70% of the total marks to pass the exam.
- The exam fee is £385.
Prerequisite for Certified Ethical Hacking Exam
1. It is recommended for you to attend either instructor-led or online-based training, approved by an accredited body, to get well prepared for the exam.
2. If you do not have enough scope to attend any such training course, then you have to follow the following procedures:
- Have at least two more years of working experience as an Ethical Hacker.
- Deposit a non-refundable amount of £77.
- Submit properly completed Certified Ethical hacker eligibility form, verified by your employer.
- Upon approval of the proper accredited body, you will receive a voucher number to register for the exam.
There are numerous training and certificate courses available on Network Security and similar courses, which may help you get a good preparation for the exam, as well.