Creating web sites and web-based applications are the primary tasks of Web Developers. Without the Internet, we merely think about a day and web sites and web-based applications are now being considered an integral part of our daily life, no matter whether it is personal or professional. A generic web development process incorporates the collection of web content, design the layout of the website; complete the coding part of the web page and then debugging and optimizing the website in order to ensure an excellent user experience.
Developing a website is not a one time task to deliver, rather it requires continuous monitoring and enhancement. So, it is important for the Web Developers to have enough patience and effective communication along with strong leadership skills to work both with the team members and the clients. A professional Web Developer comes with creative thinking capacity, sense of light, colour and shadow along with the design concept of the website, as per the purpose of the website. Web Development is one of the most widely required tasks for both the private and public sector including small, medium and large scale corporate businesses.
Job Responsibilities of a Web Developer
Usually, a Web Developer is required to follow some generic responsibilities at their workplace. Some such responsibilities are mentioned below:
- Web Developers need to know at least one or more server-side programming languages like PHP, Java, .Net and so on.
- They must also know the techniques of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in order to uplift the rank of the website over the search engines like Google, Bing etc.
- Multiple web browsers are there like opera, chrome, firefox, safari and many more, to browse the data over the internet and also to use the web-based application. It is a good practice for expert and professional Web Developers to test their newly developed sites over different web browsers.
- A website contains multiple web pages and it is a good practice to integrate Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) in order to manage the style of different pages of the site in an effective manner.
- Professional Web Developers are using wireframes in order to direct the performance and design the layout of a new web development project.
- Work in collaboration with both colleagues and clients in order to configure the website and enhance the performance.
- There are some web developers, who are responsible for designing the multimedia and graphical interfaces of the website.
Academic Requirement of a Web Developer
While recruiting Web Developers, employers are focusing more on the working experience and the grip over the programming languages. Skilled and professional Web Developers usually have a rich portfolio with excellent feedback from previous clients, which is considered as an added advantage for their career path. Newcomers have the option to build an excellent portfolio and earn a required and accepted degree program in Web Development, Web Design, Software Development and so on. New Web Developers can also start learning scripting and/or programming languages required for front end and/or back end web development.
Different Job Types of Web Developer
Web Developers are designing and developing web-based applications and websites, even though their job role may differ and some such job roles of Web Developers are given below:
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
- Java Developer
- Objective C Developer
- PHP Programmer
- Front-end Web Developer
- User Interface (UI) Developer
- Software Engineer, and so on.
Training and Certification
We are offering specially designed courses for Web Developer for both the professional Web Developer and the newcomers. We have skilled, professional and experienced instructors to lead you through the career path of Web Developer. You may join this training at our instructor-led on campus or you have the option to go for self-paced online training, as well. We have uploaded all the materials of our training content online, and you can get access to those resources anytime from anywhere through the Internet. Once you successfully completed the training course from here, we will provide you with a certificate, which is well recognized and accepted across the UK. Then, we will start working on developing a standard CV for you in order to confirm a better job placement. We are working in close partnership with many IT companies and corporate houses for our job placement program and we have a successful track record for job placement for our successful candidates. This job placement program is part of our training program.