An overview of CompTIA Project+ Certification
CompTIA Project+ certified professionals have earned required interpersonal communication skill and the capacity to manage any kind of IT related technical projects. These professionals are also responsible for delivering the project on time and ensuring the maximum utilisation of allocated budget and resources.
CompTIA Project+ Certification exam recognises the capacity of an IT professional to work as a Project Manager/In-charge, and he/she has a complete understanding of the Project Management Life Cycle which includes designing, planning, deploying, monitoring and successful completion of the project. CompTIA Project+ Certified Professionals are capable of working as a business analyst, project manager and also as a team member of the project, as well.
Different training and certification programs are available to assist IT professionals to get well prepared for the CompTIA Project+ certification exam.
Duties and responsibilities of CompTIA Project+ Certified Professionals
- Design, develop and deploy any kind of IT-related business project within the given timeframe and allocated budget.
- Be able to explain the life-cycle of the project.
- Be able to explain the organisational structure of the business.
- Have the required skill for proper documentation of the project.
- Planning proper implementation and developing an appropriate work-schedule of the project.
- Be able to develop a work breakdown structure (WBS) to organise the planning of the project.
- Be able to analyse the risk and assess the cost management of the project.
- Appropriately coordinate human resources to ensure the maximum performance of the project.
- Be able to adjust with any change, as per the requirement of the work-flow of the project.
- Always consider the quality of the project outcome and take all required measures to ensure that.
- Be able to calculate and explain the Earned Value Measurement (EVM) results.
- Prioritise and implement effective communication methods among the team members of the project.
A brief detail of CompTIA Project+ Certification
- The code for CompTIA Project+ Certification Exam is PK0 – 003.
- It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- A total of 100 multiple choice questions will be there.
- Duration of this exam is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- A total mark of this exam is 900, and you must score a minimum of 710 to pass the exam.
- The cost of the CompTIA Project+ Certification exam is £220.
Prerequisite for CompTIA Project+ Exam
- No particular prerequisite is there for the CompTIA Project+ exam.
- It is recommended that the experience of working as a project manager for at least one year will help the candidates to ensure a good preparation for the exam.
Jobs those are appropriate for CompTIA Project+ certified professionals
- Technology Manager
- IT Project Manager
- PMP Certified Project Manager
The average salary of a CompTIA Project+ Certified professional is around £50,135.
Certification programs, those are similar to CompTIA Project+ Certifications
Followings are a few certification programs that are similar to CompTIA Project+ Certification.
- ISC2 CISSP Certification
- PMI CAPM Certification
- PMI PMP Certification
Careers similar to CompTIA Project+ Certified professionals are looking for
- Computer System Analyst
- Project Manager
- Technology Manager
- IT Security Specialist
The breakdown of the exam questions as per the domain of Project Life Cycle
|Percentage of exam questions
|The initialisation of the project
|Planning of the project
|Execution and delivery of the project
|Communication, change and control of the project
|Completion of the project