If you’re looking for a new career that allows you to put your skills to good use, it might be good to be a Certified Scrum Master. If you don’t know everything about the position right now, don’t worry, this article will cover everything you need to know.
CSM Certification Overview:
The Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) designation provides a benchmark for defining Scrum theory, designing functional implementations and laws, and leading teams and stakeholders through the development process. You want to become a high-end certified Scrum Master, you need the CSM certification.
The Scrum Alliance provides the Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) credential, which is an entry-level certification aimed at providing practitioners with an understanding of Scrum’s methodologies and principles, such as team success, transparency, and iterative improvement. Many companies are increasingly agile methods in project and product management.
Applicants must first grasp the Scrum structure, as well as its principles and procedures, to obtain a CSM credential. The Scrum Alliance has several tools to help people understand the basics of Scrum, including an expert forum, member posts, videos, presentations, and reports.
Maintaining Your CSM Certification:
Remember, a score of 24 out of 35 is passing criteria. Within the 90-day duration following completion of the prescribed two-day course, applicants can only take the test twice.
Every two years, go to the Scrum Alliance portal and renew your credentials for CSM Certification, earning 20 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) and paying the US$100 renewal fee. There are five different kinds of SEUs:
1. Scrum Alliance Scrum gatherings
2. Scrum Alliance courses or coaching
3. Outside events, Volunteer service
4. Independent learning Other
5. collaborative learning
- It will bring you many career advantages including increased recognition and prestige. It is a vital leadership position.
- Members are eligible for a two-year membership of the Scrum Alliance after taking all of the steps and becoming a CSM, which gives them access to local user groups and online social networks, as well as discounts on activities and other benefits.
- The Accredited Scrum Master certification provides practitioners with knowledge of Scrum’s methodologies and principles, as well as team success and transparency.
- Based on 7 salaries, an entry-level Qualified ScrumMaster (CSM) with less than 1 year of experience should expect to receive an estimated overall salary of £36,973 (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay). Based on 98 salaries, an early career Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with 1-4 years of experience receives an average overall salary of £43,166. A mid-career Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with 5-9 years of experience receives an annual total salary of £49,355 based on 36 salaries. Based on 23 salaries, an accomplished Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with 10-19 years of experience receives an estimated gross salary of £55,495. The average salary for a ScrumMaster is £45,231. Salary is affected by a number of variables. Skills in Leadership and Project Management are correlated to pay that is above average. Just bear in mind that if you’re smart, you can raise your pay in several ways. (source: www.payscale.com)