VMware Associate Certification (VCA)
The paradigm and practices of IT companies are changing dramatically due to the rapid change and advancement of technology. Virtualization is no longer considered a buzzword in the IT industry. Both IT and other companies are shifting towards virtualization to optimize and enhance their business process. Tech giants like Google, Microsoft, Intel, and others have already shifted their data and application to their virtual platform to ensure a better business process. VMware is one such company that helps other businesses with the virtualization process. IT companies and other businesses around the world need virtualization experts and professionals to re-shape their business processes. VMware is offering several courses and certifications for virtualization professionals, which validates their ability to transform the business data and business process.
VMware certifications are well reputed and globally recognized. By keeping its core concentration on virtualization, VMware is currently offering certifications and courses on the following topics:
- Data Center Virtualization
- Network Virtualization
- Cloud Management and Automation
- Digital Workspace
- Security, and
- Application Modernization
Each course and certification provided by VMware has different levels, from associate to professional. This discussion focuses mostly on the Associate level certification of VMware. VCTA (VMware Certified Technical Associate) is one very widely accepted associate-level certification from VMware, which is comparatively a new credential from VMware. This associate-level certification from VMware validates the knowledge and skills required by the IT professionals performing operational tasks within a virtualized infrastructure, multi-cloud platform operations, computer networking, device management, and security. This course provides hands-on training sessions for both the new and experienced IT professionals.
Who should go for the VCTA?
Anyone completely new in the IT industry and would like to earn the required knowledge and skills on virtualization may take VCTA to start working with the virtualization process. This is considered the first step for any IT professional to start working as a recognized virtualization process. IT professionals who are already working on the virtualization process for the organization may also consider this VCTA as the 1st recognition for the acceleration of their career. The subject matter of this course covers the regular job role of a virtualization operator who will learn how to continue with repeated tasks within the virtual environment.
How to get the best preparation for the VCTA exam?
Online courses and numerous resources are now available for anyone to get well prepared for the VCTA exam. Candidates of this exam may also take the help of the learning portal provided by VMware, named VMware Customer Connect Learning.
What is the process to take the VCTA exam?
Appearing for the VCTA exam is much more convenient compared with other certification exams. The first option is the Pearson VUE test center, from where you can complete your registration and go for the exam. The flexible part of the VCTA exam is that you can also take the exam either from your home or your office using the Pearson OnVue remote proctored solution. The most interesting part of appearing for this exam is selecting your location to take the exam.
Is the VCTA exam proctored or non-proctored?
The VCTA exam is proctored. It means that a proctor will monitor you during exam time. This process ensures the integrity and authenticity of the exam. It also validates that the candidate answered all the questions by themselves and not taking any help otherwise during the exam time.
Duration and Type of the VCTA exam
Usually, the duration of the VCTA exam is between one hour and one hour thirty minutes. The candidates of the exam are required to answer multiple choice answers in the exam.
Is VMware Certified Technical Associate a prerequisite for VMware Certified Professionals?
Fortunately, the VCTA exam is not a prerequisite of VCP and/or a more advanced level of virtualization certification. There are many real-life cases where IT professionals take the VCP exam first and then appear for the VCTA exam.
Following are the domains covered by the VCTA exam
- Data Center Virtualization – VCTA
- Network Virtualization – VCTA
- Security – VCTA
- Cloud Management and Automation – VCTA
- Digital Workspace – VCTA
- Application and Modernization – VCTA
Advantages of becoming a certified VMware IT Professional
- VMware certified professionals can find and get excellent job opportunity as the It companies, as well as other companies, are shifting their business towards virtualization
- VMware-certified Associate professionals can serve the industry as independent consultants who can leverage their skills and experience on the business process of the organization.
- VMware-certified professionals have the opportunity to get connected with a learning and technological hub of VMware.
Job Responsibilities of VMware Associate Professional
VMware Associate Professionals are required to deal with different and diversified job roles. Virtualization is a technology that is integrated with cloud technology. Followings are some common job responsibilities of a VMWare Associate professional:
- Cooperate with cross-functional VMware project teams that include VMware pre-sales architect, engineers, staff support, and product management
- Should be able to work as part of a wider project team or as a consultant
- Put effort into low-level designs with functions
- Develop use case into high-quality solutions
- Stay within the scope of the contracted work and meet the deadline for both time and materials
- Collaborate and corporate with the project managers and other members of the team
- Contribute successful execute exchange request
- Maintain high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product portfolio and future product direction including Workspace One and Horizon
- Assist the development of the service to accelerate the development process
- Must enjoy working with leading technology to come up with an excellent deliverable
- Maintain a technical understanding of VMware virtualization, Computer Networking, cloud computing, and mobile technologies
- Maintain identity management and access platform
- Maintain Cloud Hosting platforms including AWS, Azure, SoftLayer, and so on
- Maintain a technical understanding regarding digital workspace infrastructure
- Have a fundamental knowledge to deliver digital workspace infrastructure including hand-on implementation of the development process.